For hassle free processing of DFA red ribbon, I strongly recommend to just go to the nearest DFA’s satellite consular offices.
- DFA NCR-Northeast (Ali Mall)
- DFA NCR-East (SM Megamall)
- DFA NCR-West (SM Manila)
- DFA NCR-South (Metro Gaisano Alabang)Read more: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/112045/dfas-red-ribbon-now-available-in-metro-satellite-offices#ixzz4OqHwWa38
To start with from MRT Ayala station to MRT Shaw to DFA SM megamall and going back to Ayala took about 2 hours maximum. But the processing itself inside DFA took me only 5 mins, yeah you read it right just 5 mins and you’re good to go. Make sure to follow the below guidelines for fast and smooth transactions.
- If you are going to DFA SM Megamall, you do not need to go online and make reservation, just go there and find your way but I’m pretty you will probably get lost like what happened to me. Okay I won’t let you explore anymore, the door going to DFA is located in the 5th Floor right next to BRUNO’S BARBER SHOP. Just ask the concierge or security guards just in case you get lost.
- Make sure to bring all documents you will need to authenticate. (Birth certificates, NBI clearance etc). Original Please.
- Bring an ID (drivers license and/or passport) and a photocopy. Actually no need for a photocopy.
- Proceed to Door 6 for Authentication.
- Upon entering, there would be a guy welcoming you and asking your business, just politely tell him your going for red ribbon authentication. Fill out an application form-Use 1 application form for up to 5 documents per person.
- Proceed to any window inside and submit your application paper. Wait until he gives you a receipt.
- Go to Door 1 (where the passport processing are) to pay. Just go straight up inside and turn right and you will see the CASHIER SIGN. For Regular processing (1oo pesos) which will take 4 working days while rush (2oo pesos) takes only 1 working day. The cashier that time was so rude, i gave him 1000 pesos and he frowns at me I quote “ sabe ko 100 hindi 1000” F* RUDE. I replied nicely with sacrcastic smile, and told him “what can I do that’s the only bill I have, here take a look” showing him my wallet (with matching accent), His eyes suddenly widen looking at me, and he shut up.
- Go back to Door 6 and return the receipt. Wait for this copy.
- Go back to DFA Shaw Door 6 window 2 on the releasing date specified in the receipt. Check your documents for any mistakes before leaving.
Hope this helps you.